Vancouver, British Columbia, December, 13, 2011. SIMBA ENERGY INC TSXV: SMB
December 13, 2011, Vancouver, British Columbia, Simba Energy Inc. (the “Company”) (TSXV: SMB, Frankfurt: GDA, OTCCBB: SMBZF) is pleased to provide the following update on its activities in Kenya on the Company’s 100% interest in Block 2A.
- The work program for year one has been submitted to the ministry and approved.
- Environmental baseline and survey work commenced December 6 with completion anticipated by mid-January 2012.
- The Company has selected and engaged a geophysical consultant with extensive experience on Block 2A and surrounding blocks.
- Existing gravity and magnetic data has been obtained, processed and currently being re-interpreted.
- Reprocessing of select 2D lines has also commenced.
- Further the Company has been successful in obtaining copies of all existing 2D seismic survey lines (800 kilometres) carried out by Chevron and Amoco.
We are very pleased with the progress the team has made on the ground in Kenya. During our initial assessment of available data during the application process we became very confident in the exploration potential for Block 2A and are therefore now very keen to evaluate the re-interpretations in these coming months.” Remarks Robert Dinning, President & CEO.
In other matters, the Company advises Dr. Karim Akrawi has tendered his resignation, effective immediately, in order to devote more time to his consulting business. The Company accepts Dr. Akrawi’s resignation with regret and wishes him well in his international business activities.
About Simba Energy Inc.
Simba Energy is a Vancouver, B.C. based oil and gas exploration company focusing on underexplored overlooked basins in its pursuit of hydrocarbon opportunities in Africa (currently Liberia, Mali, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya and others). This region has shown increased promise for development of new hydrocarbon deposits. The Company’s Senior Management Team aims to leverage their expertise and affiliations to pursue, secure and develop strategic assets that demonstrate high potential for drilling and or production operations; and to do so in a manner of best practices and to the betterment of those communities where we work.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
“Robert Dinning”, President & CEO
We seek safe harbour.